Monday, May 11, 2009

Anyone driving on the Garden State Parkway get ticketed by mistake?

3 people in my family all have gotten ticketed in the same toll and paid each toll. The paper says "RAS" when it says at which toll. Does anyone know which toll this is? Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks for the help in advance! :)

Anyone driving on the Garden State Parkway get ticketed by mistake?
I believe it means Raritan South (you were going southbound through the raritan toll plaza)





I never got a moving violation there, but i once got an ezpass violation at that plaza. For some reason my ezpass tag did not register, and they sent me a fine in the mail.
Reply:I got three violations too.


Did you pay the fine? Report Abuse



2 comments:

  1. Yes. One was received with the RAS plaza on it for July 4th. I do not have an E-ZPass but used a lane that said E-ZPass and exact change. I deposited $1 in coins heard an alarm or ring, hesitated and than continued. To my surprize a violation was just received.

    I called the 973 number again today, Monday and I explained how absurd it was for an adult to try to avoid paying $1 and getting fined for more as a consequence. Kids do that not adults.

    I was told that the exact change/E-ZPass booth is at the far right at the Raritan Tool Plaza. It looks like an exit but is not. Use it if you frequent that area so that you can deposit you coins in a bin that registers it.

    Why have a coin bin if you can't deposit in it.

    Now we know it is another method to entrap citizens and make them pay more money.

    Unfortunately, NJ is one of the most corrupt states in the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a notice today and I paid the toll. I am sending them a certified letter. I have a receipt from one of the tolls but I also paid quarters in a few of them.

    ReplyDelete