Monday, May 11, 2009

Where can I purchase Western Toads( native to my state and county) for my garden?

hello! I live in Long Beach, Calif., and am looking to use toads as an alternative way of dealing with a slug infestation. I understand it is irresponsible and illegal to release non native species to out area. I would like to purchase Western toads, but can't find a provider. can anyone help? Thanks, Daniel

Where can I purchase Western Toads( native to my state and county) for my garden?
Best answer might be to start hunting toads in local parks or other likely habitat. Release them on your property, and as long as there is an abundant food supply, they should stay around. Several adults will breed and you will soon have plenty of toads.





Good luck with your problem.
Reply:I live in the South. I have one that lives on my front porch. Have you ever seen toad poop before? It looks about like at slug. My husband keeps threatening to relocate the toad on my porch b/c of this. I'm not sure which would be worse, the slugs or the poop.


No comments:

Post a Comment